CAHOON CONSULTING provides top notch floodplain management services for the purpose of upholding the goals of the National Flood Insurance Program and improving the lives of citizens. The following is a synopsis of the experience and services that CAHOON CONSULTING can provide:
- Community Rating System (CRS) - new applications, modifications, recertifications, cycle visits, workshops, activity reviews, users group meetings. Past and current clients include the following communities:
- City of League City
- City of College Station
- City of Jamaica Beach
- City of Seabrook
- City of Dickinson
- City of Taylor Lake Village
- City of Pearland
- City of La Porte
- City of Port Arthur
- Village of Tiki Island
- CRS Users Groups - liaison to 42 groups around the country providing assistance to them as well as feedback to ISO/FEMA, kickoff meetings, subject matter ideas, presentation assistance, development assistance, Chair of FAST (www.h-gac.com/go/fast) - the CRS users group for the Houston/Galveston area
- Technical assistance - flood damage prevention ordinances and court orders, plan review, permitting and record-keeping, development compliance, flood map inquiries, NFIP application and enrollment, flood insurance, mitigation grant programs, on-call floodplain management assistance, site visits, Community Assistance Visit (CAV) preparation, etc.
- Floodplain management training - elevation certificates, permitting, flood damage prevention ordinances, federal regulations, outreach, disaster response and recovery, higher standards, etc.
CAHOON CONSULTING can assemble the right team to meet and exceed your needs and expectations. We look forward to working with you!